1. Who we are We are a limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 03664208. Our registered office is at Unit 9 Redbrook Business Park, Wilthorpe Road, Barnsley, South Yorkshire, England, S75 1JN. We are registered on the Information Commissioner's Office Register of Data Controllers under registration number Z1793813. This registration covers all of our different business divisions.
For details of how to contact us, please refer to the Contact Us page.
2. How we collect information We will collect information from you if you:
• register to use our website; this will include your name, address, email address and telephone number. We may ask you to provide additional information about your business and preferences on a voluntary basis;
• place an order for products or services on our website, this will include your name (including business name), address, contact details (including telephone numbers and email address) and your payment details;
• complete online forms (including callback requests), take part in surveys, write posts on any message boards, post any blogs, enter any competitions or prize draws, download information such as white papers or other publications, or participate in any other interactive areas that appear on our website or which we offer to you from time to time
• provide your contact details to us when registering to use or accessing any product or service we provide;
• contact us offline for example by telephone, fax, email or post;
• visit or browse our website, this will include information about your website visit or use of our products or services using cookies or similar technologies (as described in section 5 below). 3. What we use your information for Our intention is to collect and use Personal Information from our customers as is necessary to fulfil our obligation to provide good customer service, and to enable you to make the most of the activities available on our website and our Products. It is necessary for us to gather Personal Information so we may provide technical support for customers who use our products and advise customers of any updates to the software. This falls within our legitimate interests, as our legal basis for processing your information.
Other purposes for which we may use your Personal Information within our legitimate interests include dealing with enquiries, providing you with feedback and information relevant to our products, tailoring our services to your requirements and preferences, market research and competitions.
We rely upon consent as a part of our legal basis for processing data for marketing purposes. Where you have ‘opted in’ to receiving communications from us, we may wish to use your Personal Information to inform you about goods, services, promotions or competitions which we think may interest you.
You may update your marketing preferences at any time, through email or telephone. Please note that not choosing to receive marketing information from us will not allow us to inform you of subscription expiry where relevant, however we may still contact you to inform you of important information relating to any of our Products that you have purchased.
We retain your personal information for five years after the date of expiry, unless otherwise requested. This allows us to contact you when we have vital information about the product(s) which you have purchased. 4. Sharing your information We may disclose your personal information to others only in the following circumstances and/or purposes:
• our suppliers, business partners and group companies, where you have requested, so they can provide you with any information, products or services you request. • with third party businesses with whom we are collaborating to provide a service to you, so that this service can be provided. That third party may also wish to use your information for other purposes and that third party should inform you of those purposes. We therefore encourage you to read any third party´s privacy policies. • third parties which supply services to us or which process information on our behalf (for example, payment providers and website hosts where relevant). These third parties may have incidental access to your information, but we will ensure that they keep your information secure and do not use it for their own purposes. We use the following third-parties to process your data; • - World Pay; used for processing payment. • - Sendgrid; used to send information out to our customers via email • another organisation to whom we transfer our agreement with you. • with our funders or potential funders, such as our bank and with our professional advisers who have a reasonable need to see it. • We may pass collective information about the use of our website or our products or services to third parties but this will not include information that can be used to identify you.
We will disclose your information if we are required to by law. We may disclose your information to enforcement authorities if they ask us to, or to a third party in the context of actual or threatened legal proceedings, provided we can do so without breaching data protection laws.
5. Cookies and Traffic Data Cookies are small text files which are transferred from our website, product or service and stored on your computer's hard drive. They are widely used in order to help websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide general usage information to the owners of the site.
There are different types of cookies Session Cookies - We use session cookies on our websites and in some of our products or services to identify and track users and to remember what is in your shopping basket (where relevant) and we also use session cookies in the VSP Admin reporting system to remember customer information used to complete transactions through the VSP Terminal. Our session cookies may contain your customer account number, company name and email address. These session cookies are deleted when you close your browser or leave your session in the product or service.
Persistent Cookies - Persistent cookies enable our website, product or service to “remember who you are” and to remember your preferences on our website. Persistent cookies will stay on your computer or device after you close your browser or leave your session in the product or service.
Web analytics and similar services - Our website uses web analytics services. Web analytics cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and see how they move around the website, product or service. This helps us make our service to you better.
We keep a record of traffic data which is logged automatically by our server, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, the website that you visited before ours, the website you visit after leaving our site. We also collect some site, product and service statistics such as access rates, page hits and page views. We are not able to identify any individual from traffic data or site statistics.
How to disable cookies Most web browsers allow some control to restrict or block cookies if you wish, however if you disable cookies you may find this affects your ability to use certain parts of our website, products or services. For more information about cookies and instructions on how to adjust your browser settings, see here.
6. Your information If we hold any information about you which is incorrect or if there are any changes to your details please let us know so that we can keep our records accurate and up to date. If you would like to update your records or see a copy of the information that we hold about you, you can contact us at SP Diagnostics, Unit 2, Atworth Business Park, Bath Road, Atworth, Wiltshire, SN12 8SB, UK or by email at email@example.com. There is no charge for this.
8. Security and storage of information We will keep your information secure by taking appropriate technical and organisational measures against its unauthorised or unlawful processing and against its accidental loss, destruction or damage.
Some communications sent over the internet, such as email, may not be secured unless they are encrypted. Although we do our best to monitor and improve how we protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data which is transmitted to our website or other products and services via an internet or similar connection and any transmission of data to our site is at your own risk. We do however use secure connections in our payment pages.
If we have given you (or you have chosen) a password to access certain areas of our website, product or service please keep this password safe - we will not share this password with anyone.
9. Transfers outside Europe Personal data in the European Union is protected by data protection laws but other countries do not necessarily protect your personal data in the same way. Our website and some of our products or services or parts of them may be hosted in the United States and this means that we may transfer any information which is submitted by you through the website, product or service outside the European Economic Area (which means all the EU countries plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein) ("EEA") to the United States. When you send an email to us, this may be stored on email servers which are hosted in the United States, if we do this, we will take steps to ensure that our hosting provider uses the necessary level of protection for your information but if you do not want your information to be transferred outside the EEA you should not use our website, product or service or contact us via email.
10. Other Sites If you follow a link from our website, product or service to another site or service, this policy will no longer apply. We are not responsible for the information handling practices of third party sites or services and we encourage you to read the privacy policies appearing on those sites or services.
11. Further Information If you have questions or concerns about how we use your information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like further information about data protection, or if you would like to view the register of Data Controllers, you can visit the Information Commissioner's site at www.ico.gov.uk.